Sunday, October 23, 2011

PAUL MCCARTNEY IS COMING TO STOCKHOLM AND I HAVE A TICKET TO SEE HIS SHOW.


Today I fulfilled one of my life’s greatest dreams.  I bought at ticket to see Paul McCartney in concert in Stockholm on December 10.  It’s been a dream of mine since high school to see the cutest (and most talented) Beatle perform but I never expected it would come true in Stockholm, Sweden.  The ticket cost me $180 for a terribly high, and far from the stage nose bleed seat but for those of you that know me and my best obsession, that is a small price to pay to see the best performer and musical artist alive. 

I found out that Paul McCartney was coming to Stockholm today in my Swedish class.  I gasped and couldn’t breathe for a second.  My classmates and teacher laughed at me, but I begged the Brazilian girl to tell me more about the concert.  She told me she was going to the concert with her boyfriend and that it was on December 10th.  Tickets went on sale on October 14 so I started to pray that there would be some tickets left.  At this moment, our teacher turned on the radio and it was playing “Help”.  I knew that this was a cosmic sign.  For the rest of class I could think of nothing else but how to get my hands on a Paul McCartney ticket.  And, if I hadn’t switched Swedish classes because of the bad teacher and annoying classmates, I never would have found out about the concert.

My teacher gave me bad directions to a ticnet ticket booth where you can buy tickets for any events happening in Stockholm.  So, I set out to find this ticket booth because I wanted to be holding that ticket AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.   I wandered through Ostermalm, and Norrmalm, and T-Centralan. I ended up, after asking four people where the nearest ticket booth is, in a very big shopping center called NK.  It was like the Stockholm version of Harrod’s and I’m sure I didn’t look like I belonged there in my gray hoodie and 18 dollar Kohl’s boots.  After finally finding the ticket booth located at NK Press, I waited in a long line.  Then the cashier just told me that I have to call ticnet.  Or go to ticnet.com. Dammit. 

So, I trekked home in the cold rain though still not discouraged-and of course, had bad timing, missing every bus and train I needed to get back to the woods I live in.  I was going to buy the ticket online, if there were still any left.  On the first site I checked, no tickets. But on the second, I found one. $180.  A little expensive so I had to call my mom and ask if it was ok.  She said “Go for it.”  I am so happy that I did! I’ve been waiting at least seven long years to see Paul McCartney perform! And I can’t believe it’s happening in Stockholm! 

Living the dream!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment