Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Scandinavian Airlines


So here I am, sitting at gate M15 waiting for my flight to Stockholm and it is pretty quiet at this end of the airport.  So, I put on my Dan Barker customized Swedish playlist to get myself pumped up for the journey. 

My mom and I cried when I headed for security.   It made the security guard yelling in the most condescending voice I’ve ever heard seem like an even bigger asshole.  He yelled at people who obviously didn’t’ speak much English, “It’s hard to believe, but if you listen to us you might get through faster!” Maybe this part of the airport just seems quieter now because suddenly I am not only in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend, I am in a long distance relationship with everyone I know. 

But really, if I dig under the part of me right now that is nervous and a little scared, I find the me that knows I am going to meet more than enough cool people to hang out with…and those little girls have one cool au pair, because I’ve got a bunch of tricks in my Kacie Poppins bag.


This airplane was awesome! The economy extra was like first class that I’ve seen in some other planes!! There were hand towels in the bathrooms, recliners on each chair, single screens for each chair and the best thing, was that hardly anyone was on the plane!!!  I had a row of three completely to myself so I had all of my stuff sitting comfortably with easy access on the seat next to me.  I also felt very cool pulling out my MacBook on the plane.  Also, the pillows were actually covered in cloth!!! Miracles, Miracles!!!

I brought my Camelbak water bottle on the plane. But, when I went to drink it, it wouldn’t stop shooting water in my mouth because of the changed air pressure in the air.  It squirted me on the face and shirt, and I just laughed and hoped that no one noticed. 

The nice and adorable steward who complimented me on my laptop bag in Swedish (I think, unless he was asking me very nicely to put it under the seat) gave me a mysterious black napkin wrapped in plastic.  But when I opened it, it was a very nice shoe bag.  Inside of the bag were an eye mask, toothbrush and toothpaste, and earplugs.  I think he has a crush on me.  Anyway, I’ll treasure all of these things as souvenirs forever!!!!!

I watched a few good movies, slept maybe an hour and a half, and when I was waiting for my bags, a blonde American girl from Iowa started a conversation with me.  She was friendly, but a little annoying (maybe only because I was so tired) but her conversation made me happy because I knew I wouldn’t have a hard time meeting friends if I had made one already.

When I got to arrivals, Borje was there already waiting for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment